Welcome to the Georgia Rotary Clubs Laws of Life Essay Contest Landing Page
SUBMISSION DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 13, 2023
We are excited to kick off a new contest year! The contest welcomes all Georgia high schools both public and private. The contest is free to schools and can accept a limited number of schools per year. Schools are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
As soon as you register, you will receive all necessary materials to successfully implement and run the contest at the school level – a Teacher Contest Manual, sample lesson plans, and student handouts. Registered schools send two educators/counselors to attend the Annual Teacher and Rotarian Workshop Luncheon at no cost. More details will be forthcoming.
To login and begin click the Registration Form below. Returning schools may use their existing Submittable account. Instructions are below for new users. In order to participate, your school must submit the Registration Form. As we get closer to the essay deadline of the second Monday in February, information regarding Student Essay Submissions and completing the School Tally Form will be forthcoming.
"It was an easy process that was simple to navigate and easy to learn." - Lindsey Luchansky, Dawson County High School
If you are new to Submittable, setting up an account only takes a few minutes. Please follow the steps below.
- Click the Submit button to the right of the School Registration Form. Once you are in the Registration Form window, scroll to the bottom and click on the Create Your Account button and follow the instructions.
- When using an email address to sign up with Submittable, you will need to ensure the email address is able to receive emails from Submittable. Email notifications will come from: email@example.com.
- In order for your email address to accept email notifications from Submittable, you will need to either:
- Confirm with your IT department that email notifications generated from the Submittable website will be allowed.
- Safelist notification emails from Submittable so they do not go to spam or get blocked.
If you have questions regarding the contest, you can reach out to GLL staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.590.8039.
The Georgia Laws of Life Essay Contest is operated by the Georgia Rotary Districts Character Education Program, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
Use the form below to register for the 2022-2023 Contest. Once your registration is processed and approved you will receive the School Contest Manual. The manual contains all the information needed to run the contest -- guidelines, timeline, teacher tips, student tips, Contest Chair best practices and optional lesson plans . Many schools find the lesson plans especially helpful, while others work the contest into their regular class assignments. We want you to do whatever works best for you & your school. Student materials including bookmarks and posters will go out in August or can be picked up at the Annual Teacher and Rotarian Workshop Luncheon in September. More information regarding the luncheon will be forthcoming.
To receive student or teacher cash awards, schools must meet the required minimum number of students who write a Laws of Life essay and the submission deadline. Click here for minimum requirements. Additional details are available in the School Contest Manual.
Need More Information, Have a Questions... Contact Us
Program Questions: Linda Hatten, Program Manager, email@example.com, 404.590.8039